Here are some types engaging video games:
1) Input in games. Like you input what is on-screen with a clear winner. Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi series has this element too.
2) Combination type in games. Like you must perform a combination to get better results. Fighting games like Dragon Ball Z: Budokai series are like that.
3) Action RPGs games where you quickly hit buttons and choose from different moves. Games like the Diablo series and Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Goku 2.
4) Turn-based encounter RPG games that every time it’s your turn, you must quickly make a decision. These are games like Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy VII.
5) Real time strategy where you must quickly build and do something. These are games like the Starcraft series and Warcraft 3.
6) A game that you choose your commands in the right order during the battle break and fight until both players(or first player and AI) are out of set commands. These are games like Megaman Battle Network and Dragon Ball Z Goku Gekitouden.
7) Games that have grabbing. These are games like wrestling games like Ultimate Muscle(GBA) and this Game Cube game.
Also Read: WHAT MAKES VIDEO GAMES FUN